Subject: Re: cvs not updating?
To: Carlos A. Carnero Delgado <carnero@icrt.cu>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/19/2002 22:19:53
On Fri, 19 Jul 2002, Carlos A. Carnero Delgado wrote:

> Hiya,
>
> several days ago, I did my first cvs checkout of the src tree. I used
> the -rnetbsd-1-5 branch. Everything went well :) My "problem" came out just
> a few minutes ago: I tried a cvs update, and while cvs zipped all over the
> place (in the src directory tree) no source file was updated! So, either:
>
> (a) The src tree is in something like a code freeze, or
> (b) I'm doing it plain wrong :)
>
> Which one is it?

There haven't been any pull-ups to netbsd-1-5 in the past week or so.
What you have now is effectively NetBSD 1.5.3. There will no doubt be
more pull-ups after 1.5.3 is officially released, but there's not
likely to be a lot of activity on that branch ever again. All the
action now is on netbsd-1-6 (and current).

If you want to know what's being committed before you bother to run
a checkout, you could subscribe to "source-changes", or just review
the archives at

http://mail-index.netbsd.org/source-changes/

Frederick