Subject: Re: DVD movies.
To: Andy R <quadreverb@yahoo.com>
From: Dave Huang <khym@azeotrope.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/19/2002 21:08:43
On Fri, 19 Jul 2002, Andy R wrote:
> I have a Pioneer scsi slot load DVD drive that I put
> in my machine months ago. Do I need an audio cable for
> it, like the one you plug into your sound card from
> the cdrom drive?

To watch DVDs? No, you don't need the cable for that... you'll still
need it to listen to audio CDs the "traditional" way though. You could
listen to audio CDs without the cable by doing something like piping
cdparanoia output to audioplay. (Has anyone made a CD player app that
plays using digital audio extraction, rather than the standard play CD
commands? I don't know of any, but I haven't looked at all).
INet: khym@azeotrope.org |  they raise a paw / the bat, the cat /
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 26 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++