Subject: Building and installing latest 1.5
To: NetBSD Help <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: B. James Phillippe spamblock <bryan-spamtrap3@darkforest.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/19/2002 16:43:46
Hello,

I have the 1.5 branch of NetBSD checked out in /usr/src/1.5, and would like
to build and install it over my existing system.  The system is currently a
1.5.2 install, and is used as a production server and development system.

What is the correct method for me to rebuild all sources and install
them w/out munging my config/etc stuff?  I have been building and
installing my own kernels with no problems, and have built and installed
individual applications both from the NetBSD source and pkgsrc; what I
haven't done is "build the whole enchilada".

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

thanks,
-bp
--
# bryan_at_darkforest_dot_org