Subject: Re: DVD movies.
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: None <jonl@yubyub.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/19/2002 14:16:25
[sorry, forgot to cc netbsd-help]

Richard Rauch said:

> Updating firmware could be problematic, if I need a BillOS program to do
> that.  Or was that something that you could update by buying a chip and
> doing a bit of prying?

Usually an M$ program.  Some are DOS based, so freedos might be a good
solution there.  It is very rarely an actual socketed eeprom or such these
days.  The last drive with socketed firmware I had was an old Chinon SCSI
CD-ROM drive, from about '92...

--
-Jon
 "As three unwavering bands of light, we were simple and separate and