Subject: Re: DVD movies.
To: None <jonl@yubyub.net>
From: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/19/2002 16:59:42
	Just to continue the recommendations for ogle.

	I've run it successfully on a PIII-515 (100 overclocked to
	103), with a Voodoo3. a PII-463 (same overclock), was not
	quite enough to handle it. All under 1.6BETA with
	SHMMAXPGS=16384. I didn't play with updating HZ to 1024
	though I understand that would be a help.

	I needed to update the firmware on the DVD drive to make
	it region free, and for my own edification put together a
	package for libdvdcss (http://www.mono.org/abs/libdvdcss.tbz),
	but I understand there are issues over distributing it...
	;)

	On the DVD topic - we've recently bought a pioneer DVD-RW
	drive at work for archiving weblog data. I'm getting nicely
	over 4GB of bzipped data on each disk using a modified
	version of cdrecord
	(http://www.abcpages.com/~mache/cdrecord-dvd.html) plus
	the NetBSD pkgsrc cdrecord patches...

--