Subject: Re: ADSL USB modem supported?
To: lim chee peng <chowhai@boxfrog.com>
From: David Brownlee <abs@NetBSD.ORG>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/18/2002 14:33:10
=09I don't know if its available in OpenBSD's 'ports' system, but
=09the stock distribution from http://www.xsproject.org/speedtouch/
=09_should_ work. I'te been a while since I was running OpenBSD.

=09The NetBSD pkgsrc entry has a custom startup file to ensure
=09it gets started at the right point in case you're running ipnat,
=09but that should be reasonably easy to handle by hand if needed.

On Thu, 18 Jul 2002, lim chee peng wrote:

> Just to sidetrack abit. I cannot find the Speedtouch driver for OpenBSD. =
> heard they OpenBSD was based on NetBSD so I leads me to think that
> Speedtouch should be support in OpenBSD.Can someone please advise me wher=
> to search for it. Sorry to pose this question in this mailing list. Thank=
> in advance
>
> David Brownlee writes:
>
> > On Tue, 16 Jul 2002, Gerardo Alvarez Le=F3n wrote:
> >
> >> Hi
> >> In http://www.netbsd.org/Hardware/usb.html I see that USB modems
> >> (umodem) are supported.
> >> I wonder if this applies to ADSL USB modems.
> >> I am specially interested in the powerPC BSD port, specifically mac.
> >
> > =09I know people are using the speedtouch driver on i386 and
> > =09shark (arm). I have an updated package which fixes it for
> > =091.6 about to commit. You might want to point him to port-macppc :)
> > --
> > =09=09David/absolute=09=09-- www.netbsd.org: No hype required --
> >

> To Whore Is Human

--=20