Subject: Re: FreeAmp & pthread
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Rui-Xiang Guo <rxg@ms25.url.com.tw>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/15/2002 19:20:18
> Just fixed this problem. (it missed a path.)
> But rising another problem -
> It seems FreeAmp can't work with pth.
>
> It fall into a infinite loop:
> [...]
>     bool running = false;
>
>     while (!running) {
>         context->gtkLock.Acquire();
>         running = context->gtkRunning;
>         context->gtkLock.Release();
>         usleep(50);
>     }
> [...]
>
> The threads on Linux and FreeBSD have the pair of Acquire()/Release()
> but the pth doesn't.

Oops, my fault.
The pair of Acquire()/Release() were defined in the sources.

> Is it possible to let it work for us?

The FreeAmp project already was replaced by Zinf.
	http://www.zinf.org/
Because AMP(R) became a trademark of PlayMedia Systems, Inc.
I also tried the last tarball but got the same result. :(
If anyone wants to make it work for us, maybe this is a good start point:
	http://cgi.educities.edu.tw/rxghome/netbsd/pkg/zinf.tar.gz
I think my ability is not good enough to finish it...

-rxg