Subject: Re: tftp issues
To: Jiro Kage <jirokagey@hotmail.com>
From: Jack Lloyd <lloyd@acm.jhu.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/14/2002 18:34:28
I don't know if this might be your problem, but something similiar happened
to me (the symptoms sound familiar). I was using 10.0.0.x with a netmask of
255.255.255.0. For whatever reason, tftpd did not deal with that (class A
addresses with a class C netmask), and so my Sparc would go through the
whole bootp thing, but then fail to retrieve the kernel with tftp. I
changed my network to use 192.168.10.x and everything worked great (took me
about 3 days to figure it out, of course).

Hope this is helpful,
 Jack