Subject: Re: MySQL
To: None <cecilcosta@inicia.es>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/13/2002 04:59:27
On Sat, 13 Jul 2002, Cecil Eduardo Campos Costa wrote:

> Hello, I put the MySQL daemon in the start up file (/etc/rc.local) with
> the following command: exec /usr/pkg/bin/safe_mysqld & and it shows it
> it had started up but when I login its not there. The apache and the
> bind work by this way perfectly bu not mysql. What can it be?

If you use "exec" in front of it, then any following commands will not
start. Because, the shell process itself is replaced with the specified
program. (Have a look at the sh(1) and exec(3) man pages.)

So I am surprised that it would work for your other commands, because then
following commands wouldn't be started. (You may want to share a larger
portion of your rc.local here.)

Anyways, have a look at your mysqld logs. They should tell you.

Good luck,

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/