Subject: Re: 3D acceleration (was: Setting up PPPoA for SpeedTouch ADSL)
To: Brian A. Seklecki <lavalamp@spiritual-machines.org>
From: Richard Rauch <rauch@rice.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/11/2002 20:24:55
On Thu, 11 Jul 2002, Brian A. Seklecki wrote:

> On Tue, 9 Jul 2002 @ 5:17pm (-0500), Richard Rauch wrote:
>
> RR>   http://mail-index.netbsd.org/current-users/2002/06/17/0000.html
> RR>
> RR> (This is a post to the current-users mailing list from back in June.)
>
> ...how MI is this code?  I.e., will it work on netbsd/sparc64 w/ the
> onboard ATI rage pro?
>
> all the XFree86 world seems to be stuck on linux/i386

I thought that we ran XFree86 on non-i386 NetBSD.  (^&

In any case, you would have to follow the link I cited and ask the guy
doing the work.  He's working on a ``BSD'' branch of the DRI code (really
a FreeBSD branch, from what he seemed to say, that will support NetBSD to
the extent that it doesn't break FreeBSD's support).

I would have thought that, being kernel changes to the OS, the work should
be done on an OS CVS branch.  But, maybe it makes sense if you understand
the problem and DRI (I do not).

Is it the right way to solve the problem?  I dunno.