Subject: Re: DNS on LAN vs PPP
To: James K. Lowden <jklowden@schemamania.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/10/2002 16:33:51
On Wed, 10 Jul 2002, James K. Lowden wrote:

> Splendid idea!  Did you mean to imply I could find it at:
>
> ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/pkgsrc/net/
>
> because I don't see anything between gated and gftp.

It is in pkgsrc as of this morning. (I should have mentioned that.)

> I've been thinking for awhile that a simple tool to implement
> gethostbyname(3) would be handy, particularly if it told me where it got
> its results from.  Thanks for saving me the trouble.

It is quite useful. See
 http://www.reedmedia.net/software/gethost/gethost.1.html

But it doesn't tell you where it got it from. I don't think
gethostbyname(3) reports where it gets its info from.

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://www.reedmedia.net/