Subject: Re: X resolutions and icons
To: Daniel Picker <dp3@cec.wustl.edu>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/08/2002 11:59:16
On Mon, 8 Jul 2002, Daniel Picker wrote:

> 	Is there a way I can change the resolution on my x-server. I

Look in your /etc/XF86Config file and the XF86Config man page.

Use DefaultColorDepth to set the default you want, like to 32.

If you need help, maybe email the relevant portions of your config to the
list.

Also, a search on google for XF86Config should bring up hundreds
(maybe thousands) of examples. (Also search for XF86Config and your
particular video card.)

> P.S Are they any good NetBSD/Unix newbie books. I have the NetBSD guide!

Stay tuned! I am working on a NetBSD book.

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/