Subject: X resolutions and icons
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Daniel Picker <dp3@cec.wustl.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/08/2002 13:40:25
Hello all,
	Is there a way I can change the resolution on my x-server. I
finally have X configured and when I type startx the screen comes up very
nicely but when i move my mouse up I can move the whole screen with me as
it is displaying in a very low res. I would like to run it at 1280x1024
but dont know how to change it. I have looked on the NetBSD site as well
as the Xfree site but no luck. Also some icons dont come up at all they
are blotched out for some reason. Also some menus are not refreshing
properly. For example on emacs on the file bar will come up and none of
the icons Any help
would be appreciated. I have a Riva TNT 2 32 meg AGP card if that helps.

Thanks in advance,
	Daniel

P.S Are they any good NetBSD/Unix newbie books. I have the NetBSD guide!