Subject: Hello--help getting knode from kdenetwork3 to work..
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: sudog <sudog@sudog.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/04/2002 09:53:06
Looks like a threads problem and when launching a background thread to
retrieve articles, perform network activity, etc, the background thread
appears to do nothing and the foreground sits there "Loading groups..." or in
the network-active state ad infinitum.

Since I'm not the best with fixing kde-type stuff, I wonder if someone might
take a quick peek at trying out the knode from kdenetwork3 and seeing whether
it works for them? :)

I've filed a pr about it--i wouldn't have, but the problem has actually been
going on intermittently (each time I upgrade kde it's rolling the dice to see
knode working or not) since kde1.

The pr is: pkg/17481

-Marc