Subject: Re: Would like sendmail local_eoh to be overridden by access map..
To: Chuck Yerkes <chuck@snew.com>
From: None <sudog@sudog.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/03/2002 15:11:29
> Better on comp.mail.sendmail, but several bad ideas here
>
> FORGED:
>    perfectly legal, also common on fine mail.  My machine
>    introduces itself as the inside interface.  (EHLO
>    inside.domain.com) Not illegal but will show up as forged.

HELO/EHLO does not show up as forged. A DNS forged means that the
forward and reverse lookups don't match. Sendmail looks up the IP,
then taks the result and looks that up. If they don't match, then
FORGED comes back. ALL admins should have their reverse working for
the mail servers. Worse yet, ALL admins should have their reverse
match the forward lookup. A missing PTR is one thing. An incorrect one
is another entirely.

> TEMP: can't resolve for now but you send a 550.  Use a 4xx error back.

This should probably be a 4xx.