Subject: Using the same source tree for two boxes
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Eric Jacoboni <jaco@teaser.fr>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/01/2002 20:15:18
My desktop is running 1.6B, it's a Athlon 1Ghz and the "./build.sh -u"
process is rather fast.

I have a laptop, a PII 266Mhz, and i want to use the same NetBSD on
it. To avoid disk space wasting and long build processes on it, what i
plan to do is to maintain the src tree on my desktop, build it on my
desktop, then update my laptop from my desktop build.

When i was using FreeBSD, i exported my src tree via NFS, i ran "make
buildword" and "make kernel" on the Athlon. Then, i mounted the src
tree on my laptop, then issued a "make installworld" and "make
installkernel" from there. Infortunately, i've no found how to say "i
just want install, not build" (that's ok for kernel, my pb is only
with others distribs)

Any experience would be appreciated.
--
Éric Jacoboni, né il y a 1328988031 secondes