Subject: Re: xmh/nmh - was: Backgrounds in X
To: Richard Rauch <rauch@rice.edu>
From: None <jarkko.teppo@er-grp.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/23/2002 22:09:07
On Tue, May 21, 2002 at 07:36:00PM -0500, Richard Rauch wrote:

> Still, it looks nice.  A bit slow, but cute.

Ughh, yesterday I once again tried to figure out why people use emacs.
Tried VM (the mail-reader, on emacs-21.2) and at first it seemed OK
until I tried to open a meager 50MB mailbox. Now, this was on a 333MHz
21164 Alpha with 128MB memory.

I had to kill the sucker to the tune of "-9" after four hours of waiting.
At the teppo-patience-exhaust-limit-time it was busy sorting message
number 4589 out of some >17000.

I'm still trying to find the "perfect" mail-reader (mutt is pretty close)
but I'm now inspired to try exmh :-)
--
jht