Subject: Re: "$cupsd is not set properly" (?)
To: James K. Lowden <jklowden@schemamania.org>
From: Rasputin <rasputin@idoru.mine.nu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/17/2002 11:11:41
* James K. Lowden <jklowden@schemamania.org> [020517 06:23]:
> On Thu, 16 May 2002 21:54:18 -0400 Bob Bernstein <bob@ruptured-duck.com>
> wrote:

> I re-read the man page for rc and rc.conf.  No mention of /usr/pkg/etc.
> The rc.conf page expressly enumerates "the rc.conf variables that may be
> set".  No mention of cupsd, of course.

Wel, it's not in the base, is it :) ?

> What am I missing, please?  What is the interaction between rc.conf and
> packages, and where can I read about it?  The thirst for knowledge, is she
> never slaked?

My understanding is that is rc is setup to scan files from
/usr/pkg/etc/rc.d [0], then you don't need to edit /etc/rc.local, you
just add

name-of-script-in-rc.d-directory=YES

to /etc/rc.conf

and Bobs your Aunties live-in lover - personally I copy /usr/pkg/etc/rc.d
script into /etc/rc.d and just add the 'YES' entry, seems to work well.

[0] - can't remeber how you do this, but saw a post last week regarding it.