Subject: Re: Emacs Package Question
To: None <list-netbsd@xomit.de, perry@wasabisystems.com>
From: Jeff Flowers <jeffrey@jeffreyf.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/15/2002 10:06:57
On Sun, May 12, 2002 at 07:55:13PM -0400, Jeff Flowers wrote:
> I have downloaded and installed the Emacs package from ftp.netbsd.org. While
> it installed with no problem, it will not run. When I type "emacs", I get:
>
> Shared object "libXaw.so.7" not found

As a mention yesterday under a different thread, I have reinstall NetBSD 1.5.2,
this time installing everything. X is up and running fine.

I reinstalled the binary Emacs 20.7 package and I am still receiving this above
noted alert. So I went into my /usr/X11R6/lib directory to see if the file was
there or not. I do not have a file named libXaw.so.7. Instead, I have a
libXaw.so.6 and libXaw.so.6.1.

So my question is: is libXaw.so.7 a library from a different version of X then
the one that comes with NetBSD 1.5.2?

Thanks,

Jeff Flowers
jeffrey@jeffreyf.net