Subject: Really annoying package situation
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Tracy Nelson <tnelson158@attbi.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/31/2002 10:42:11
Has this happened to anyone else?  Am I missing some vital (or at least
really handy) clue about pkgsrc?

I recently did a sup.  I hadn't done this for a month or so.  When I tried
to make the new mozilla (0.9.9), I got build errors saying various packages
were installed, but newer versions were in pkgsrc.  Is there some command I
can use that will automatically rebuild any necessary packages?  Right now
I'm in some kind of infinite regression hell, rebuilding packages by hand,
only to find out that they depend on other packages that need to be rebuilt,
that in turn depend on others...  And imlib doesn't want to build at all, it
keeps saying that it can't cd into a directory that doesn't exist.  [#define
whining "sufficient"]

Can I just do a "make deinstall reinstall" from /usr/pkgsrc?  I'm afraid to
just try this, as I don't know if it will install every package on my
system.  Thanks for any clues anyone can provide.

Cheers!
-- Tracy Nelson