Subject: Re: mount problems
To: Fernando y Yohara <fvillalo@sinfo.net>
From: David S. <davids@idiom.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/29/2002 23:48:17

> I followed the NetBSD guide and created some /floppy and /cdrom directories
> off /.  I also added the entries specified in the guide into the fstab file.
>
> Root can mount as directed (mount /floppy and mount /cdrom), but any other user
> can not.  What's missing?

An examination of the man page for 'mount', which reads

     In NetBSD, a file system can only be mounted by an ordinary user who owns
     the point node and has access to the special device (at least read per-
     missions).  In addition, the vfs.generic.usermount sysctl(3) must be set
     to 1 to permit file system mounting by ordinary users.  See also
     sysctl(8).

David S.