Subject: X problems.
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Sporleder, Matthew \(CCI-Atlanta\) <Matthew.Sporleder@cox.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/29/2002 18:58:55
This problem has been addressed before, but I couldn't find the =
solution.  I know I could just use the package system, but I was just =
kind of wondering why I couldn't compile and run a few programs.

Some of the Window Managers for X (Blackbox in particular) require a =
file called libSM.so.6 which is a soft link to libSM.so.6.0
I gathered that some compilers (maybe c++ or whatever NetBSD is using) =
cannot follow symlinks.  So I tried hard linking and created the file as =
just a copy of libSM.so.6.0, but they still refused to work.  After a =
recompile and re-install.  Any suggestions on this? =20

-Matthew Sporleder