Subject: Re: Starting jobs from init
To: None <netbsd-help@mail.netbsd.org>
From: Paul Newhouse <newhouse@rockhead.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/29/2002 13:00:45
> On Fri, Mar 29, 2002 at 11:19:03AM -0800, Paul Newhouse wrote:
> >
> > Does the NetBSD init (or some other mechanism in NetBSD) have a way of
> > spawning and restarting jobs other than for tty's?  (Other than using the
> > rc stuff to spawn a script, which is what I do now.)
>
> http://NetBSD.org/Documentation/rc/

I guess I didn't ask this quite right, let me try again.  Using sshd as an
example;

   If the sshd process, which was started by the /etc/rc.d/sshd script, were
to die,
   does the current rc.d scheme automatically call the /etc/rc.d/sshd script
with "start"
   or "restart"?  Or must that be handled by some user (sysadmin/owner/...)
supplied
   scripting?

I find references to "restart", but didn't notice anything that suggested the
rc scheme
would/could automatically do this.

Thanks,
Paul