Subject: Undefined PLT symbol (with gcompris)
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/29/2002 10:07:36
I am trying to build gcompris.

When I run gcompris I receive many messages like:

/usr/pkg/lib/gcompris/libalgebra_guesscount.so: Undefined PLT symbol
"gcompris_score_start" (reloc type = 7, symnum = 17)

I've been told by a gcompris developer:
 gcompris is not a library.
 The plugins are loaded and linked dynamically in gcompris.
 The entry points you re looking at are defined by gcompris itself.

Any ideas on how I can troubleshoot this?

From looking at the messages and code, it appears these errors are
reported at the "dlopen(filename, RTLD_NOW)" call.

I have logged all the make and install details, but I am not sure what to
look at. They are at
 http://www.reedmedia.net/misc/netbsd/packages/gcompris-make.txt (104401
 bytes)
 http://www.reedmedia.net/misc/netbsd/packages/gcompris-make-install.txt
 (52559 bytes)

(I have built it with pkgsrc and also by itself.)

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://www.reedmedia.net/