Subject: Re: Exporting /usr/src
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Andy R <quadreverb@yahoo.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/29/2002 05:35:59
--- Andy R <quadreverb@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello all. Now that I've been successful in building
> the netbsd-1-5 branch on my machines, I'm interested
> in knowing what the right way to export my /usr/src
> directory is so I can nfs mount it on my other
> machines. The server is i386/release-1-5 and the
> clients are sparc/release-1-5 and i386/release-1-5.
>
> What should the line for /usr/src look like in my
> /etc/exports file?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Andy

I'd like to add that I have read Frederico Lupi's
manual, and I do export some other directories on the
server as -ro. I keep trying to export the /usr/src
directory and on the clients I get a "permission
denied" message every time. I do a kill -1 on mountd
every time I make a change to /etc/exports as well. I
forgot to add all this.

Thanks.

Andy