Subject: Re: ypbind bug in 1.5ZB?
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Teemu Rinta-aho <teemu.rinta-aho@nomadiclab.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/28/2002 12:42:27
On Wed, 27 Mar 2002, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 27, 2002 at 01:19:37PM +0200, Teemu Rinta-aho wrote:
> > We have problem with ypbind. We have a FreeBSD 4.5-P2 server
> > which has the ypserver and a NetBSD 1.5ZB client but
> > when adding a user to the servers NIS database it does
> > not show up in the client. If I restart ypbind at the
> > client then the NIS map updates, but not before that..
> > Now is there a cache problem or something?
>
> How do you check that the user exists ?
> Did you try a basic 'ypcat passwd' ?

Yes I did 'ypcat passwd' but the the few newly created users
were not there. One user was added a day before and even
his record was not there.

We tested adding a user today after the reboot yesterday,
and the new user immediately appeared on the NIS client.
I did not change any configurations, I just rebooted
the machine. It is difficult to try to figure what might
be the problem as I am not an ypbind expert... Is ypbind
using any caching (that might cause the bug)?

BR,
Teemu

--
Teemu Rinta-aho                    Tel: +358 9 299 3078
NomadicLab, Ericsson Research      Fax: +358 9 299 5055