Subject: Re: Can't boot the system installation
To: None <muc-lists-netbsd-help@moderators.muc.de>
From: Michael Core <520079546242-0001@t-online.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/26/2002 21:16:06
Alex wrote:

> Well, I'm trying to install NetBSD 1.5.2 on a  laptop Compaq Armada
> 7790DMT with 64mb RAM and 5Gb hadrdrive. The problem with this laptop is
> that I can't use the floppy and the CD at the same time so I can't boot
> from the 2 laptop floppy images, and I boot from the CD.
> I've never seen the installer because I got a kernel trap every time I
> try to boot it. I can't do copy/paste, so I wrote the most important (I
> think)
>
> pcic0: controller 0 detecting irqs with mask
> 0xde18:..9..10uvm_fault(0xc058f160, 0x0, 0, 1) -> 1
> kernel: page fault trap, code=0
> Stopped in swapper at 0xc02a9760:    movl    0x14(%ecx),%edx
> db>

Enter "tr", write it down and report a bug. Have you tried another kernel,
maybe 1.5, 1.5.1 or the snaphshot of 1.5ZA? Why don't you install the
kernel only from floppies, reboot, switch to CD and install the rest?
Well, this is no solution if it even panics while booting from floppy, but
you might try it.

HTH