To: Thomas Mueller , <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Richard Rauch <rauch@rice.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/26/2002 11:57:32
Yes, I meant Peter's suggestion.

Pleas also try booting single-user.  Since you can interact with the
boot-loader, you might be able to interact with the kernel in single-user
mdoe.  Please try this.

Cross-compiling: Yes, I *do* mean compiling a NetBSD kernel/userland on
another system.  The present release apparently is not so friendly to
that, as I understand it.  I'm told that there is work under way (or
completed?) in -current to allow you to cross-compile the kernel.  Since
don't need or want to cross-compile NetBSD, I really can't tell you much
more about the matter.

I'd try the unplugging/replugging keyboard suggestion, first.  And I'd
also try running single-user.  If the former works, you can at least use a
more or less normal installation.  If the latter works, that knowledge may
help someone fix the kernel so that it ``just works'' for you.