Subject: Re: DHCP Configuration Problems
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: None <ole_guldberg@mail.dk>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/26/2002 18:44:35
--d6Gm4EdcadzBjdND

On Tue, Mar 26, 2002 at 05:34:20PM +0000, Gene ENonymous wrote:
> I have attempted to set up a DHCP client to communicate with
> my InsightBB.com cable modem service. I have a mac68k box (Centris 650)
> with 40M ram, 2G HD, 1.5.2 binary install and 2 ethernet interfaces.
>=20
> DHCP works fine with a Win98 box, so I figured it would be a
> breeze to get it working with NetBSD 1.5.2 (the FAQ says so!).
> Unfortunately, here I am writing to help....
>=20
> The first thing I did was to verify that I could configure both
> ethernet interfaces onto my local network. The allowed me to
> test the interface functionality and the cables. THis worked
> fine. THat is I could telnet out to both interfaces and
> telnet in from another win98 box to both IP's.
>  (what do I need to turn on in inetd.conf so I am ping-able?)
>=20

Do you have :

#DHCP
dhclient=3DYES

in /etc/rc.conf? Look in /etc/defaults/rc.conf for more help.

/ole

--=20
see my pgp public key at http://home20.inet.tele.dk/ole_guldberg
or at: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=3Dget&search=3D0xEC74D4C5

Beifeld's Principle:
	The probability of a young man meeting a desirable and
	receptive young female increases by pyramidal progression
	when he is already in the company of:=20
	(1) a date,=20
	(2) his wife,=20
	(3) a better looking and richer male friend.

--d6Gm4EdcadzBjdND

--d6Gm4EdcadzBjdND--