Subject: Re: CardBus vs. PCMCIA?
To: dmelton@banzuke.com <dmelton@banzuke.com>
From: Malcolm Herbert <Malcolm.Herbert@member.sage-au.org.au>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/24/2002 15:51:58
On Sat, Mar 23, 2002 at 08:37:14PM -0800, dmelton@banzuke.com wrote:
|CardBus is a higher-performance version of PCMCIA. A standard PCMCIA
|card will work in a CardBus slot, but a CardBus device won't work in a
|regular PCMCIA slot unless it is also backward compatible to standard
|PCMCIA. Lots of network cards are CardBus compatible, since bandwidth
|is far more important than on something like a modem.

ah ... that's encouraging then ... I hadn't heard of CardBus, so I was
reading the manual and thinking it had been phased out or dropped and
wasn't widely supported because it was old. I'm much happier to know
that it isn't widely supported because it's new ... :)

--
Malcolm Herbert                                This brain intentionally
mjch@mjch.net                                                left blank