Subject: Re: CardBus vs. PCMCIA?
To: Malcolm Herbert <Malcolm.Herbert@member.sage-au.org.au>
From: dmelton@banzuke.com <dmelton@banzuke.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/23/2002 20:37:14
CardBus is a higher-performance version of PCMCIA.  A standard PCMCIA card
will work in a CardBus slot, but a CardBus device won't work in a regular
PCMCIA slot unless it is also backward compatible to standard PCMCIA.  Lots
of network cards are CardBus compatible, since bandwidth is far more
important than on something like a modem.

- Dave