Subject: Re: Building NetBSD-release-1-5
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/21/2002 21:44:44
On Thu, 21 Mar 2002, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

> On Thu, 21 Mar 2002, Andy R wrote:
>
> > This may sound kind of like a stupid question, but how
> > do I keep up to date with release-1.5? I read in the
>
> Use "netbsd-1-5" as your Tag.
>
> $ cat /usr/src/CVS/Tag
> Tnetbsd-1-5
>
> I usually keep up-to-date with:
>  cd /usr/src
>  cvs update -d -P
>  make obj
>  make UPDATE=1 build

To ensure that you only checkout netbsd-1-5, it's a good idea to add
"-A -rnetbsd-1-5" to the arguments to "cvs", and always be sure to
rebuild a new kernel and boot from it before doing the "make build",
or you could render your system unusable.

> > manual how to grab the sources via cvs, which I've
> > done. However, I don't know where to start to actually
> > build and install the latest sources, including the
> > kernel.
>
> Have a look at the webpages at www.netbsd.org -- they have all this info
> (but mostly for -current so you may need slight changes).

Particularly,

    http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/kernel/index.html#top

Frederick