Subject: recommendations for hardware RAID on NetBSD?
To: None <netbsd-help@mail.netbsd.org>
From: None <kml@selresearch.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/20/2002 12:47:47
I'm interested in getting a CVS server and small web server put together
for work.  My boss would like to do hot-swappable hardware RAID, although
the actual load on either of the systems is likely to be fairly low, and
we're unlikely to need more than 120GB or so of storage.  I'm much more
interested in reliability and ease of configuration than raw performance.

What's the current state of the art with hardware RAID on NetBSD?
I've perused the release notes and the excellent web page describing
"PCI Hardware Supported by NetBSD", but I'm sort of curious about
those small details that aren't always obvious -- orphaned drivers,
obsolete hardware, etc.

I'll probably be running NetBSD-current on the system.

Thanks,

Kevin
kml@selresearch.net