Subject: Re: mozilla 0.9.9, anyone? (was Re: Mozilla is slow)
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Wareham <chris.wareham@iosystems.co.uk>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/20/2002 10:20:49
paul beard wrote:

> I just built 0.9.9 and it's much more stable than 0.9.8 (it was
> crash-a-minute). Not too speedy but it doesn't crash and that's
> something.

I have found 0.9.9 much more stable than 0.9.[78], plus the mail
and newsreader feels much quicker. It seems that the current work
on performance is really paying off, and they're finally
approaching Netscape 4's speed but without the instability.

One thing I had problems with was building an 'official' milestone.
Following the build instructions to the letter resulted in the
build bombing out saying it couldn't build libssl3.so. Running
the configure and make by hand I didn't have this problem, and the
build completed OK. Unfortunately the Mozilla codebase is now so
vast that I wouldn't know where to start in tracking down the
official build problem.

Chris

--
chris.wareham@iosystems.co.uk (work)