Subject: Re: Emacs and Tab
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Wolfgang Rupprecht <wolfgang+gnus20020319T210756@wsrcc.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/19/2002 21:11:39
david.friggens@vuw.ac.nz (David Friggens) writes:
> I'll be writing a program and all of a sudden the Tab key stops working.
> Emacs stops automatically indenting and nothing happens when I press Tab to
> manually indent. I end up having to copy a previous tab space and paste
> whenever I want a tab (quite often).

What mode was the buffer in (c-mode)?  Might you have been in
text/fly-spell or something similar?

> Any idea what could be causing this? It's a buffer specific problem - if I
> open another buffer it works fine.

My gripe is that fly-spell and some other new-fangled sub-modes add
some context-sensitive bindings.  If you want to try to hit C-c C-c to
send a message from "mail-mode" while over a word that fly-spell
doesn't like it grabs the C-c's on you and you don't get the action
you expect.

-wolfgang
--
       Wolfgang Rupprecht <wolfgang+gnus@dailyplanet.wsrcc.com>