Subject: setenv display question
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: village idiot <village_ldi0t@yahoo.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/18/2002 04:51:56
Hello good people,

I have a somewhat tricky question, I believe.

I have set up an internal network with non regular
ip-adresses (like for example 10.0.1.1). These NetBSD
boxes I log on to from remote machine. I have one set
up with a regular ip adress (in addition to the
internal ip adress), wich I can reach from outside.
So, to log on to one of these machines, I must first
log on to the machine connected to the internet, and
from that to the internal network.

What I wonder, is it possible to set display to the
external pc I am working on? To route the display
through the bridge so to speak.

The 10.0.1.1 (for example) has no way of knowing how
to reach the external net (my pc). How to do this?
Anyobody know?

If I could do that, everything would be so much
easier, could for example use emacs without having to
use an xterm emacs. Right now I am using VI for
programming, not to complain but it is getting
tiresom. I guess I could change to for example pico,
but first I want to see if anyone has any tips.

Cheers!

Morten