Subject: Re: sysinst fell down
To: Chris Wareham <chris.wareham@iosystems.co.uk>
From: Brian A. Seklecki <lavalamp@spiritual-machines.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/17/2002 21:46:40
On Fri, 15 Mar 2002, Chris Wareham wrote:

> James K. Lowden wrote:
>  > sysinst keeps getting better, I must say.  The copy I used
>   > today helped me set the timezone, and asked me if I wanted
>   > it to save the network configuration I'd provided.  I don't
>  > remember it asking that before.  I said yes.  But it didn't
>  > do it, not really.
>  >
>  > hostname was not in rc.conf or /etc/myname.
>  > ditto, the domain.
>  > There was no /etc/ifconfig.de0 or similar entry in rc.conf.
>  >
>  > It did save the DNS information in /etc/resolv.conf.
>  >

What version/release of the install media were you using? (both of you?)

What port?

Did you use DHCP to auto-conf the interface at install time?

Please send-pr(1) if you can replicate the results in a controlled
environment. (It works perfectly fine for me on 1.5.2/sparc, and newer
--current snapshots)

The only complaint I had was that /etc/myname was used instead of
hostname=blah in /etc/rc.conf (less 1 line files the better)

-lava

> Chris
> --
> chris.wareham@iosystems.co.uk (work)
> cwareham@btinternet.com (home)

later -           | _BonaFide[] = { coder, author, | /~\ The ASCII Ribbon
Brian A. Seklecki | problem solver, scholar, BOFH, | \ / Campaign Against
                  | vegetarian, runner, NetBSD     |  X  Exchange, Outlook
                  | advocate, spiritual machine }; | / \ & HTML Email

"GNU/Linux: About as stable as the elements at the bottom of the periodic table"