Subject: Re: xmms-sid, does it work?
To: Arto Huusko <arto.huusko@utu.fi>
From: Brian A. Seklecki <lavalamp@spiritual-machines.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/17/2002 21:35:52

> Apparently nothing was fixed, but I did reinstall both. The XMMS version is
> now newer (was 1.2.4 now 1.2.5) and xmms-sid also works correctly, now.
>
> However, now I get:
>
> /usr/pkg/lib/xmms/Input/libcdaudio.so: Undefined PLT symbol "_oss_ioctl"

Yea, XMMS is so bloated it's questionably useless.  I get constant linking
problems.  Even the package versions on other vendors (Free*, Debian,
SuSe, Redhat) produce a mass of linking errors.  The worst is the RPM for
Solaris.

Yay for xconsole(1)

Anyway, glad to hear it's fixed.

> But I, personally, don't care about that since cdaudio has never worked
> with XMMS.
>
> --
> Arto Huusko (arto.huusko@utu.fi) | Diving Is Fun
> Divecalc @ http://divecalc.cjb.net

later -           | _BonaFide[] = { coder, author, | /~\ The ASCII Ribbon
Brian A. Seklecki | problem solver, scholar, BOFH, | \ / Campaign Against
                  | vegetarian, runner, NetBSD     |  X  Exchange, Outlook
                  | advocate, spiritual machine }; | / \ & HTML Email

"There are only two things infinite:  The universe, and human stupidity.  And I'm not to sure about the first one."  -Albert Einstein