Subject: Does this mean what I think it does...
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Murray Armfield (by way of Murray Armfield <murray@river-styx.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/17/2002 14:54:21
Hi Folks,
	I'm running a current kernel (16/03/2002) and I have the following in
dmesg...

pcib0 at pci0 dev 7 function 0
pcib0: Advanced Micro Devices product 0x7440 (rev. 0x04)
pciide0 at pci0 dev 7 function 1: Advanced Micro Devices product 0x7441 (rev.
0x04)
pciide0: bus-master DMA support present, but unused (no driver support)
pciide0: primary channel configured to compatibility mode
pciide0: primary channel interrupting at irq 14

Does this mean that NetBSD currently does not support bus master DMA in this
chipset. Its an Athlon multiprocessor motherboard (A7M266-D).
Are there any plans to support this? (My intel chipsets say they do)

Take care,
	Murray Armfield