Subject: Re: xmms-sid, does it work?
To: Brian A. Seklecki <lavalamp@spiritual-machines.org>
From: Arto Huusko <arto.huusko@utu.fi>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/16/2002 13:43:23
On 14-Maa-02, Brian wrote:

> On Wed, 27 Feb 2002, Arto Huusko wrote:
>
>> is anyone using xmms-sid, and has it working properly?
>>
>> I've now tried to install xmms-sid, twice, by compiling it
>> from pkgsrc (recent), on NetBSD/i386 1.5.2. Both times, it
>> fails when starting xmms. I get:
>>
>>  /usr/pkg/lib/xmms/Input/libsid.so: Undefined PLT symbol "__builtin_new"
>>  (reloc type = 7, symnum = 35)
>
> I noticed this one went unresponded to.  Was your problem fixed and if
> not, did you send-pr(1) ?
>
> Can you cvs update your pkgsrc to -current, then make clean && make update
> both packages, and include a log of both. See script(1) for logging.
>
> Also include an 'ldd /usr/pkg/lib/xmms/Input/libsid.so'.
>
> Please respond with both.

Apparently nothing was fixed, but I did reinstall both. The XMMS version is
now newer (was 1.2.4 now 1.2.5) and xmms-sid also works correctly, now.

However, now I get:

/usr/pkg/lib/xmms/Input/libcdaudio.so: Undefined PLT symbol "_oss_ioctl"

But I, personally, don't care about that since cdaudio has never worked
with XMMS.

--
Arto Huusko (arto.huusko@utu.fi) | Diving Is Fun
Divecalc @ http://divecalc.cjb.net