Subject: Re: NetBSD Configuration Question
To: Jeffrey Flowers <jeffrey@jeffreyf.net>
From: Randy Arabie <rrarabie@arabie.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/15/2002 10:58:16
On Fri, 15 Mar 2002, Jeffrey Flowers wrote:

> After making some changes to configuration files like /etc/rc.conf, what is
> the best way of making that change effective? I have been rebooting to make
> that happen but I know that there must be an easier (better) way. The only
> thing I have heard suggested was to drop down to single user mode and then
> back to multi-user.
>
> Any better suggestions then that?

Jeffrey,

If you changing the parameters for a running service, you can:

1. kill -HUP [PID of the running service], or
2. restart the service like -->

	# /usr/pkg/sbin/apachectl 'restart'
	(restart apache)

--
Cheers!

Randy

Randy Arabie
GnuPG Key Info --

 Fingerprint: 7E25 DFA2 EF72 9551 9C6C  8AA6 6E8C A0F5 7E33 D981
 Key ID: 7C603AEF
 http://www.arabie.org/keys/rrarabie.gnupg