Subject: cron | sendmail
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Matt Herzog <mherzog@attbi.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/14/2002 14:50:43
Hi all.

For some reason the /etc/daily, weekly and monthly
reports are not arriving at anyone's Inbox om my
machine. I have a local user aliased to root and
he (me) was getting the daily report mail like
clockwork until a week ago. I had migrated to
postfix (from sendmail) which ran fine for months
til I broke it somehow. So I reverted to Sendmail
and:

1. edited mailer.conf to relect the new pkgsrc sendmail

2. ln -fs /usr/pkg/etc/mailer.conf.sendmail /etc/mailer.conf

3. Ran newaliases.

4. Restart sendmail.

I can send mail to root and it arrives in the intended
user's Inbox: my own regular/local user. Somehow cron
and /etc/daily are not able to do this.

Thanks.
--
Matthew Herzog