Subject: Re: NetBSD on Sun Fire 280R
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Brian A. Seklecki <lavalamp@spiritual-machines.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/14/2002 12:34:59
On Wed, 13 Mar 2002, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 13, 2002 at 02:39:55AM -0800, Hiten Pandya wrote:
> > Hello and Greetings,
> >
> > Is it possible to run NetBSD on the Sun Fire 280R systems?  Most of the
> > applications which we will run will be related to biological software..
>
> This is an Ultra/3 machine. I may be wronf, but I don't think NetBSD
> has any support for this hardware yet.

Right.  Might try a snapshot, though.  Let port-sparc64@ know what
dmesg(1) looks like.

I'm sure some of the port-sparc64@ guys would love to take that SF280R off
your hands to help port, though >:}

-lava

> --
> Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
> --

later -           | _BonaFide[] = { coder, author, | /~\ The ASCII Ribbon
Brian A. Seklecki | problem solver, scholar, BOFH, | \ / Campaign Against
                  | vegetarian, runner, NetBSD     |  X  Exchange, Outlook
                  | advocate, spiritual machine }; | / \ & HTML Email

"From listening comes wisdom and from speaking repentance."