Subject: Re: xmms-sid, does it work?
To: Arto Huusko <arto.huusko@utu.fi>
From: Brian A. Seklecki <lavalamp@spiritual-machines.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/14/2002 11:30:35
On Wed, 27 Feb 2002, Arto Huusko wrote:

> Hello folks,
>
> is anyone using xmms-sid, and has it working properly?
>
> I've now tried to install xmms-sid, twice, by compiling it
> from pkgsrc (recent), on NetBSD/i386 1.5.2. Both times, it
> fails when starting xmms. I get:
>
>  /usr/pkg/lib/xmms/Input/libsid.so: Undefined PLT symbol "__builtin_new"
>  (reloc type = 7, symnum = 35)

I noticed this one went unresponded to.  Was your problem fixed and if
not, did you send-pr(1) ?

Can you cvs update your pkgsrc to -current, then make clean && make update
both packages, and include a log of both. See script(1) for logging.

Also include an 'ldd /usr/pkg/lib/xmms/Input/libsid.so'.

Please respond with both.

Thanks,
-Brian

>   -- Arto

later -           | _BonaFide[] = { coder, author, | /~\ The ASCII Ribbon
Brian A. Seklecki | problem solver, scholar, BOFH, | \ / Campaign Against
                  | vegetarian, runner, NetBSD     |  X  Exchange, Outlook
                  | advocate, spiritual machine }; | / \ & HTML Email

"From listening comes wisdom and from speaking repentance."