Subject: Re: starting squid
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Bruce Anderson <brucea@shell.spacestar.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/13/2002 22:13:33
On Wed, Mar 13, 2002 6:42 PM, Mipam <mailto:mipam@ibb.net> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I wonder how to get squid started under netbsd 1.4.3A
>A nice script file in /usr/pkg/etc/rc.d/ called squid
>should do the trick, but no way.
>I do not have an /etc/rc.d dir btw, its netbsd 1.4.3
>It reports no errors, though doesnt start as well.
>I adjusted to config file and left the mime file for what it is.
>I also made a group and user for squid ... any hints?
>Bye,
>
>Mipam.

bruce@cougar$ cat /etc/rc.d/squid
#!/bin/sh
#
#

# PROVIDE: squid
# REQUIRE: local

. /etc/rc.subr

name="squid"
rcvar=$name
command="/usr/pkg/sbin/${name}"
pidfile="/var/run/${name}.pid"
required_files="/etc/${name}.conf"

load_rc_config $name
run_rc_command "$1"

##EOF

bruce@cougar$ grep -e "var/run" /etc/squid.conf
 pid_filename /var/run/squid.pid

bruce@cougar$ uname -a
NetBSD cougar 1.5.1 NetBSD 1.5.1 (COUGAR) #2: Tue Aug 14 02:39:15 CDT 2001
   bruce@puma:/usr/src/sys/arch/i386/compile/COUGAR i386

" Stamp out root logins .  .  .  . su "   --Bruce Anderson
 This message was created and sent using Cyberdog 2.0, MacOS 8.6,
 awk, find, sed, sendmail, sh, and NetBSD a free Multi-Platform OS.
 NetBSD runs on  44 different system architectures featuring 16
 distinct families of CPUs.   http://www.netbsd.org/