Subject: cron no longer starting out of rc: why and how to fix
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: paul beard <paulbeard@mac.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/13/2002 14:07:52
For reasons that aren't clear to me, cron no longer starts at
boot. I can't make a lot of sense of the rc script to start it,
either: the functions called by rc.subr are too subtle for me. It
seems to work if I invoke it with sh -x and look at the output. I
can use stop|start|restart|status and all see fine.

is there something I can do with /etc/rc to check what it's doing?
I have looked at the files array and it seems OK:

files=`rcorder -s nostart /etc/rc.d/*`; echo $files
(lots 'o output).

--
Paul Beard
8040 27th Ave NE

There are two ways to write error-free programs.  Only the third
one works.