Subject: Re: NetBSD Mail Client
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Diana Eichert <deichert@wrench.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/11/2002 08:19:56
On Mon, 11 Mar 2002, Jeffrey Flowers wrote:

> > Why not use pine? It it just as simple, text based.
> > Handles attachments. It is wicked. Only fault is that
> > it does not have any built in filter options. At least
> > I do not think it has. Has anybody made any?
>
> Since I like Mail, and it is built-in, I figure that I will use it unless
> attachments are problematic. If Mail cannot handle attachments, then I will
> consider Pine or Mutt.
>
> And speaking of attachments, does anyone know how the Sendmail MTA stores
> attachments? Are they stored as part of the spool file or is it a file by
> itself it?
>

> Thanks again!
>
> Jeff Flowers

Sendmail knows nothing about "attachments".  A file that is "attached" to
a mail message gets encoded by the MUA and becomes parts of the message
body.  Then the MUA that you use decodes the message body if it has that
capability.  If you view the contents of your mail file you will see the
"attachment" in the message body..

diana eichert