Subject: Re: Soundblaster PCI 512
To: Fernando y Yohara <fvillalo@sinfo.net>
From: village idiot <village_ldi0t@yahoo.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/11/2002 06:24:05
Fernando,

You might want to alter you config file, wich reside
in
/usr/src/sys/arch/i386/conf/
if on a pentium family.

If you look at one of the files wich lies there (i.e
the one you use), when looking through it you will
probably find that you sound card is memmed (hashed)
out. Just look through the file (for example GENERIC),
then search for where the sound devices are
configured. Remove the hash(es) wich matches your
sound card.

then re-compile the kernel:
Example if GENERIC is your config file name, or make
your own by copying it, that way you have the
original:

config GENERIC
cd ../compile/GENERIC
make depend
make

make a backup of your current kernel (for example name
it kernel.old). And move the newly compiled kernel to
the root (/) directory.
Then reboot,
and bob's your uncle. Should work.

Morten

--- Fernando y Yohara <fvillalo@sinfo.net> wrote:
> I am running the latest version of NetBSD (1.5.2),
> but my soundblaster does not
> work at all.
> During bootup the device is found but two lines
> ending in function 0 and
> function 1 not configured
> show up.
>
> How can I configure this card manually?
>
> Fernando
> --
> A lot of people approach risk as if it's the enemy
> when it's really fortune's
> accomplice. (Sting)
> Choose well. Your choice is brief, and yet endless.
(Goethe)