Subject: Re: NetBSD Questions
To: Matthias Buelow <mkb@mukappabeta.de>
From: Chris Wareham <chris.wareham@iosystems.co.uk>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/11/2002 10:27:32
Matthias Buelow wrote:
> Chris Wareham writes:
>
>>Note that 24bit framebuffer support isn't as complete in NetBSD as it is
>>in SparcLinux. Check the supported hardware on the Sparc section of the
>>NetBSD site to make sure. I use a "Leo" framebuffer, and this is not
>>supported, although this may just be for X as OpenBSD did happily boot.
>>

> JFYI, Charles Carvalho is at the moment working on getting the 24-bit
> framebuffers working for Xsun24 and he's quite far already I would say.

I saw that thread recently on the Sparc list, and as I recall it Charles
Carvalho has the CG14 framebuffer up and running. One thing I'm a little
unclear on is how framebuffer support relates to console use. As I said
above, I have had OpenBSD working on a Leo framebuffer without X despite
the OpenBSD site saying that the Leo is unsupported. Does that simply
mean the Open and Net don't support X on the Leo, but that the console
should work by emulating a supported card?

Chris

--
chris.wareham@iosystems.co.uk (work)
cwareham@btinternet.com (home)