Subject: Re: Netscape communicator
To: Fernando y Yohara <fvillalo@sinfo.net>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillham@vaultron.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/09/2002 21:03:56
On Sat, Mar 09, 2002 at 11:49:22PM -0500, Fernando y Yohara wrote:
> I installed communicator 4.79 from source (pkgsrc) using make fetch-list, make
> and make install.  Now, every time I run the software as root I get an error
> message saying there is a lock file in the .netscape folder and that other user
> might be using netscape also.  This is a workstation at home so nobody else is
> using it at the same time, and no I do not have multiple logins.   Also a check

This is because it crashed at some point, and left a lock file.

> on the .netscape folder finds no lock file nor folder.  What could be the
> problem?

The lock file is actually under the Linux emulation tree, since there is
a 'root' directory there.  So look in:
	/emul/linux/root/.netscape

Yes, it is annoying. :) You might want to create a symlink that points
.netscape to /root like this:

# cd /emul/linux/root
# mv .netscape /root
# ln -s /root/.netscape .netscape